Come join the fun and earn your Cycling Merit Badge
This is a great opportunity for all scouts who have not done the Cycling Merit Badge. This is an Eagle required Merit Badge that the Troop offers.
We need senior scouts and parents participation during our ride to help the new scouts as this is their first time doing this merit badge. We requests the Scouts who have completed the merit badge to join in the ride.
- Meet at Iron Horse Middle School at 8:30 AM
- Bicycle safety check, merit badge instructions & warm-up: 8:30 – 9:30 AM
- The ride begins at 9:30 AM
- Return to Iron Horse Middle School Parking Lot approx: 11:30 AM
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Troop 60 yellow “Class B” T-shirt – MUST, AT LEAST, BE A BRIGHTLY COLORED SHIRT
- Shorts (no long pants)
- Enclosed toe shoes
- Note: Be sure to check the weather and “layer” appropriately
Please print these forms and bring them with you to the sessions.
IMPORTANT: A SIGNED PERMISSION SLIP BY YOUR PARENT IS REQUIRED. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PERMISSION SLIP, YOU CANNOT GO ON THE RIDE.
|Saturday, March 17, 2018||Bicycle Safety Check and Ride #1 (10 miles)|
|Sunday, March 25, 2018||Ride #2 (10 miles)|
|Saturday, April 7, 2018||Ride #3 (15 Miles) and Bike Repair Session|
|Sunday, April 15, 2018||Ride #4 (15 miles)|
|Saturday, April 21, 2018||Ride #5 (25 miles)|
|Saturday, April 28, 2018||Ride #6 (25 miles)|
|Saturday, May 5, 2018|
|Saturday, May 12, 2018||Ride #7 (50 miles)|
|Saturday, May 19, 2018||Makeup rides if needed|
|Saturday, May 26, 2018||Optional – San Francisco – 25 miles|
MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL BRING YOUR SCOUT SPIRIT AND GET READY TO HAVE SOME FUN!!
Contact your Senior Patrol Leaders: Arthav D. and Aidan T.
Adult Mentor: Mr. Dutta